Sunday, November 25, 2007

garagegeek


Joined a GarageGeeks meeting with Hanoch Piven and had a great time.
I ended up creating Kishkashta, a TV character I grew up with.

Watching Kishkashta was my first interactive media experience. I was 3 years old in Sara's daycare, seeing a TV for the first time (imagine that...). The TV spoke directly to me, asking me to play with the people and puppet on the screen. Of course, for a grown up to think the TV sends personalized messages is a clear sign of paranoid schizophrenia, but for a 3 year old, unaware of the concept of broadcasting, the interactive experience is in one's head, rather than in the media.

picture taken and posted by Amihai Neiderman

4 Comments:

Blogger Menchuvian Candidate said...

Hey, you posted again! Yes, you were probably already aware of that, but, dang, I find it exciting:)

I think of you and yours often; I hope you all are well and happy this new year.

9:58 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

hey! someone read my post.
That's more (way more) than the number of people who read my theses...
Happy new year to you too, oh gentle reader, though i know not who you are

3:45 AM  
Blogger Menchuvian Candidate said...

Because I think I am all that and a bag of chips I don't use my name here, but-my family lived in E, more or less following in Pete and Louie's footsteps. You fed us Persian chickpea cookies akin to the ones a friend of your family used to make, IIRC. We fed you and your charming bride apple strudel. On the Toddler Queen's 2nd birthday we sat at your kitchen table crowding your in-laws and pretty much having the happiest, most comfortable, time we ever enjoyed at the 'tute.

Sooooo, 'all that and a bag of chips' aside, I kinda think you, A, and the kids are, well, the whole enchilada-Heck, even my husband has a crush on your mother-in-law.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Ira said...

yeah, some of us read your blog and just hate the blogspot commenting interface :-)

Shabat Shalom, dude, it was fun to get together today!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Take the MIT Weblog Survey Site Meter