Sunday, May 08, 2005

A race to the wire as old hand at Morse code beats txt msgrs - Britain - Times Online

A race to the wire as old hand at Morse code beats txt msgrs - Britain - Times Online
i couldn't help but smile while reading this. A couple of old (not aged, senior, etc. these guys are OLD, at least chronologically) guys were able to send and decipher a message (full text) quicker than a nimble 13 year old girl, armed with a lexicon of SMS shorthand was able to send an SMS with the same content. i could just imagine the smile on the faces of 93 years old Gordon Hill and his young counterpart, 82 years old Jack Gibson.

there is just one thing to say:
- .... . ... . / --. ..- -.-- ... / .-. ..- .-.. .

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I was surfing the net and saw your last name, the same as mine ;-) maby you have some roots in Iceland?
Regards
Gulla

12:12 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

hi Gulla,
much like everyone else i've been googling myself, and found some Icelanders with the same last name (i believe there's one Leif Snorre Boasson in Iceland if i'm not mistaken). My last name originates in the Netherlands though. In fact, my daughter and I have only recently regained our Dutch nationality. I think the Dutch were experiencing a shortage of Boassons...

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again!
Thanks for the informations. My fathers name was Bóas so I´m Bóasdóttir (daugther of Bóas) and my brothers are Bóasson (son of Bóas). This is very interesting ;-)
Regards Gulla
Guðlaug Elísabet Bóasdóttir
gullabo@internet.is

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rather go visiting the campus with Mr.goddady for further details ask eyelet

2:01 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

?!
this must be some sort of code...
so right back at you:
"Dogs barking. Can't fly without umbrella"!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Take the MIT Weblog Survey Site Meter